Saturday, April 24, 2010

28 days later…..

(big deep breath…..and exhale)

So it has been 28 days since I last had a beverage that contained alcohol and it feels like forever. While there have been mostly hard days, for the most part, I have come out this far unscathed. There are good days and I actually had one of my best days in probably 5 years a week or so ago.

Just like any other tough ordeal one has to go through, there were almost breaking points. A couple nights ago actually, I had a glass of wine in my hand and was ready to drink, but I didn't. I just sat there and stared at it thinking about all the people I would disappoint if I continued. So I did something about it; I got up and walked into my kitchen and poured the glass and the entire bottle down the sink.

A small victory, but a victory none-the-less.

The good thing is, is the cloud of fog is starting to clear. I am thinking more clearly, more precisely but most importantly not irrationally. You don't really realize how much a drug can affect your thought process.

My diet has gotten dialed in and my training right now is focused and intense. My powerlifting meet has totally consumed my thinking and I am hell bent on reaching my goal of a 1,400 pound total.

What's even more crazy, is how much better I am able to train because my body feels in tuned with what I am trying to accomplish. The work I am doing with my clients has taken on another level as well. I am pushing them harder, changing their programs to keep them fresh and they are noticing the effects.

All in all, things are moving forward. I am taking small steps daily and really only focusing on half a day at a time. I am focused on my body, my business and my competition. If it doesn't fit in any of those three categories, it's not a priority to me.

Time to go coach some athletes…..

No comments:

Post a Comment