Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The effects of life can lead to, well, more effects of life

It has been a while since I have posted and in all honesty, I can feel it. It is not like blogging is some magical pill or therapy to help one solve their problems, but it is a good way for me to get my thoughts out and share with people who don't think I'm completely full of shit.

Yet, life, as it always seems to do, has gotten in the way of my life and something's in my life have slipped and others have dropped off the face of planet Chris. But like everything we experience in life, it has takes a toll mentally, physically and psychologically on me.

I am a personal trainer and trying to build up my book of cliental and create a reputation for myself as the leading fat loss expert in my area. Sounds easy right? WRONG. See people don't value their health one bit. Trying to sell personal training is like trying to sell water to fish. That doesn't make sense at all. Oh well.

The problem I'm seeing is that people, while wanting to get in shape, while wanting to get healthy, don't want to pay to have someone help them. They are all under the impression they can do it on their own. WRONG. I see people spinning their wheels all day long but when you approach them to help, they turn away. See most people don't understand the definition of insanity. What is the definition you might ask? Well, it's doing the same things over and over again expecting a different result. That's what I see every day, people doing the same shit over and over again, expecting a different result.

There is one stress in my life.

Another lovely little bit of stress is my DUI. Yes, I am human and I make mistakes. I got caught and now I'm reaping the repercussions of them. The mental toll of this is unlike anything I have ever experienced. I don't drink and drive anymore. Not even one glass of wine at dinner. I try and tell other people to do the same thing but now I'm just a guy who got caught and am preaching some kind of mythical spell on them to get them not to drink. Not quite the case folks, but I have no energy to try and tell you what you think you might know.

Still, life itself is one ball of stress. I don't talk personal stuff on my blog's anymore but let's just say, the minute you think things are good, they aren't. The minute you think things are comfortable, they aren't. If you are feeling any of those things in your life, stop, look and re-evaluate what is going on because it's about to change; for better or worse.

I do have one refuge though and that's in my new training. I decided not to train for my traditional triathlon, but instead am focusing on a powerlifting competition over Labor Day weekend. I am now lifting heavy shit 4 days a week and I'm sore as hell because of it. And I love it! I will keep you up to date on my training as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment